Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Currently 05.25.16

Reading

I've been a little slow this month with the reading. I'm only part way through my book at work, and I've read a few things on the Kobo.

Listen to the Squawking Chicken - Elaine Lui
I've been meaning to read Lainey's book since it came out. I quite enjoy her humour on The Social. Her book was LOL funny in some parts! She has a very unique relationship with her mom, and she shares it all with her readers.



The Grown Up - Gillian Flynn
So I thought this was a book. Turns out, it's a 37 page story. Oh well! It was a quick and interesting read, although the end definitely left me wanting to know what happened next.

All the Bright Places- Jennifer Niven
Another YA book (my latest craze). This was a lovely little read about two teens who are trying to save each other. Funny and heartbreaking - keep the tissues handy.

Writing

I finally made myself a cleaning schedule. I sort of always followed a loose one in my head anyway, but this time I actually put it down on paper. What has to be cleaned and how often. I've only been following at since Sunday, but I think I'm going to like it. I had a bad habit of letting stuff pile up sometimes and then having to spend hours doing stuff that wouldn't take long if I kept up with it properly.

Clicking

I've been watching a ton of You Tube videos lately. My favourite are make up and skin care routines. Do you have any You Tubers you love to watch?

Watching

Can you believe I haven't watched the premiere of The Bachelorette yet? That's on deck for tonight. Recently I've been catching up on Grey's Anatomy, Season 3 of Hart of Dixie, Keeping up with the Kardashians (blame that one on I Am Cait...)

Eating & Drinking

A new category for my Currently posts! I've been lucky to have had some tasty meals lately. Most recently, I had La Frasca (pizza and Bulwarks Blush) and 2 Doors Down (awesome fish tacos, wine, and rhubarb trifle). I've been experimenting with a few new recipes in my slow cooker - success! Gotta love a good slow cooker feast. I made Caesars the other night for the first time in forever. They were ok, but I think I needed more spice. I took advantage of Starbucks Frapp Happy Hour this year.... four times a think... oops.

Despite the bad angle on this photo, my rhubarb trifle was delish!



Seeing

Sun set over the golf course. I always seem to write these posts in the same spot!

Hearing

A motorcycle driving by. It's a nice night for that sort of thing!

Smelling

Peach Bellini candle from Bath & Body Works

Wearing

Yoga pants, a tank top and slippers

Feeling

A bit tired and headachy to be honest. I'm wishing I had've bought the headache relief stuff I tried the other day at the new Saje store at HSC. It smelled so good, but I didn't have a headache at the time so I couldn't tell if it worked.

Anticipating

The weekend! Four day weeks are fabulous! I think we need to get our deck furniture out. I feel like we've already missed some time in the sun.

My Caesar! Next time I'l make sure I have an extreme bean.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: