Monday, November 02, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: October 2015 (1)



Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

You know those months when you buy so much, you can't possibly talk about it all at once?

October was one of those months, thanks to a lovely trip south (way south) of the border. Scottsdale was a lovely place to shop. We strategically planned to stay at a resort that was within walking distance to two outdoor shopping complexes. R was in training for a few days, so I needed something to do while he was gone.

Kierland Commons was literally across the street, then once you walked to the end of Kierland Commons, you crossed another street and there was Scottsdale Quarter. Both were great places to shop, and there were lots of snack stops and restaurants mixed in as well.

Keep in mind that for budget purposes, I don't convert to Canadian dollars. For this trip, I had US cash purchased when the dollars were close to equal and I paid cash for all my clothing.

I'll show you some of what I bought in this post, then do another post about the rest of it.

Shirt: Madewell
Reg $42 on sale for $30.
My obsession with army green attire continues. I kind of wish I bought more than one of these shirts - they are so soft and I love the sleeve length. Madewell does ship to Canada, but not for free, and you have to pay the shipping to return stuff. They are a sister company to J Crew.




Jeans: Madewell
Reg $128 on sale for $54
My old black Calvin Kleins needed replacing. These jeans are the perfect rise for me, which is so hard to find due to my long torso. Very soft and comfortable, I'd definitely buy another pair of Madewell jeans. The wash I bought isn't available (inky black) but the ones I linked above are the same style.



Dress: H&M
Reg $20.
I really liked the colors in this dress and the button detail at the collar. I haven't worn it yet, but I likely will soon with my brown riding boots.



Dress: H&M
Reg $18
A basic grey dress that is multi-seasonal and can be styled a ton of different ways. I've worn this already to a wedding with black tights, black blazer, and a statement necklace.



Shirt: H&M
Reg $20
I've always liked green and blue together. This shirt has buttons up the back, which is a different touch.



Shirt: H&M
Reg $25 on sale for $13
A nice basic silky shirt that can be dressed up or down.


Sweater: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $50 on sale for $14
I upsized with this sweater to make sure it was a loose fit. I retired one of my white sweaters this year, so I needed a replacement. This was bought at home.



T-shirt: Gap
Reg $20 on sale for $5
No photo, but I picked up a basic medium grey crew neck. Gap has the best tees for layering. This is the fourth one I've bought this year!

Original value of items: $323
Price I paid: $174
I saved 46%

I'll continue with my October buys in my next post.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: