Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Right Now: 08.16.15

Reading: Glamour's September issue (yay for September issues - always the best!). Faking It by Cora Carmack is my current novel on the Kobo. I really enjoyed the last book I read by her - this one is good so far too. I just finished The Knockoff by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza which was a fun read - sort of The Devil Wears Prada-ish.  I've been reading quite a bit lately and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but I also read Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll and have been peeking at a Scottsdale travel guide. I've been reading more on my Kobo lately as the treadmill and I have become friends again and it's much easier to tap pages on the Kobo than flip a real page while walking on a steep incline.

Writing: Less blog posts. Not for any particular reason except I've been lazy when it comes to making time to get outfit shots. Or we've been flying out the door in a rush. I've been wearing some cute stuff to work lately too and not bothering to click a photo. Must make more effort.

Clicking: Who What Wear, Instyle. I've been watching more beauty vlogs lately, and I want to mention a local one in particular, Girl Met Blush, who I happened to bump into last week and recognized her from watching her videos. She's super sweet and has a make-up collection that is unbelievable.

Seeing: Clear blue sky and green fairway. Suppertime tends to get slower on the golf course.

Smelling: Sunscreen which I dutifully applied today before we headed out for a drive. I've been experimenting with sunscreens lately and am quite fond of the one I tried today which was a foam.

Feeling: Hopeful. I am finally seeing changes in my body after consulting with a naturopathic Dr and making major changes to my eating habits. I might do a dedicated post on what I'm doing sometime soon, but let's just say it was scary how many carbs I was consuming before I realized how badly they were affecting me!

Watching: R and I are on Season 2 of Homeland (we watch pretty slowly). I'm also watching Bachelor in Paradise, I Am Cait, PLL (ohhhh how confused was I during the finale....), and we need to get the last season of Modern Family watched before the new shows start!

Wearing: White shorts, pink tank top, minimal jewelry. It's hot here today.

Hearing: 2015 Summer Dance Party on Songza

Anticipating: Getting through the next two weeks at work. We're down half of our group which means I'm in coverage mode every single day. I can do it!

Here's a few shots of the Oaklawn Farm Zoo from back in July on our vacation.

Mom and Dad capybara and baby in the back

King of the castle
XOXO
Glitterary Girl



No comments: