Monday, August 03, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: July 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

Jeans: Gap
Reg $80 on sale for $26

It's always nice to add a new wash into the rotation. These jeans are much lighter than any that I own, are soft, and keep their shape well.






Shorts: Gap
Reg $55 on sale for $14.50
After getting sunless tanner on my white Joe Fresh shorts last year, I needed a new pair. These have a frayed hem but can be rolled up as well. They're in the wash - no photo for you.


Boots: Hunter
Reg $170 on sale for $50
I've always liked Hunters but balked at the price. I was randomly browsing around on the Town Shoes website a few weeks ago and stumbled across these. The price was too good to pass up, and I needed new wellies. You can't even get them this cheap second hand! I've worn them already and they are great! Kind of a strange summer purchase, but now I won't need to spend any time looking for them on the fall.


Shoes: Franco Sarto
Reg $125 on sale for $37
My Le Chateau black pumps kicked the bucket. My last Franco Sartos lasted five years, so when I saw these on the Town Shoes website the same day I saw my Hunters, I knew I had to order them. They are narrow enough to stay on my skinny foot, and I love the metal detail on the heel.



Pants: Aritzia
Reg $110 on sale for $55
This were a whim purchase while I was out shopping with my mom. They're more yellow-ish in real life than this photo suggests. They can be rolled or left longer, but I like the look of the roll. A great work or weekend pant.



Necklace: Banana Republic
Reg $50 on sale for $11.50
This necklace was bought with a special person in mind who recently passed on. RIP J. It's on high rotation.




Sweater: Club Monaco
Reg $80 on sale for $11.50
I swear, I like the mens' section in Club almost as much as the ladies' section. This is a beautiful lightweight summer sweater and I need more orange in my life. Can't get over the price! I definitely need to remember to shop the other side of the store more often! The color is really distorted in this photo, and I didn't notice til I saw the photo on the computer. My bedding is navy blue, and the sweater is actually a rusty orange color - not tangerine!



Top: BCBG via Winners
Reg $240 on sale for $23
Granted, this is a bit more busy than I usually enjoy for a pattern, but this is a seriously pretty top that will look great on it's own or layered under a blazer.



Original value of items: $910
I paid:  $228.50
I saved 75%

I spent more of my quarterly budget than I intended, but considering I have nearly $1000 worth of items, I'm ok with that. I'm still playing around with a bit of extra birthday money from March, so I'm rolling forward $392 to spend on the rest of the quarter.

Next are a few items that are outside of my budget.

Sneakers: Asics via Aerobics First
Reg $120, I paid $70 as I had a gift card for $50.
I finally bought new workout sneakers. It's difficult for me to find sneakers that don't leave my skinny feet rattling around in them. These are a great cross trainer for my Beachbody workouts.





Dress: Joe Fresh
Reg $34 on sale for $10
I'd seen a few other bloggers style this cute dress so nicely, and I waited for it to get marked way down. I think it'll look cute on it's own, under a white blazer or denim jacket, and perhaps over jeans or leggings too.




XOXO
Gliterary Girl



No comments: