Saturday, July 04, 2015

Reception Remix

While it would be nice to have an endless supply of new dresses to wear to every single event, sadly, my life and budget doesn't allow for that. I'd rather spend money on a great wardrobe staple like jeans or a handbag that will get worn constantly than buying new dresses all the time that will only be worn a few times (or once!)

This dress was originally worn by me almost two years ago to a wedding, and last weekend I remixed it for a wedding reception we attended. Congrats Jenelle and Brandon!

Let's compare:

2015 version
Details
Dress: yest via Moments Boutique
Cardigan: Vero Moda via Envy
Sandals: Zara
Clutch: Danier
Bracelet: Gift
Earrings and Necklace: Beck & Boosh




I had my hair done by Urban 30 on Barrington St. Check out my Instagram (@jennifermerlin14) for a close up of the back.


2013 version

It's the same dress - but a longer cardigan, completely different shoes, and alternative accessories made things fresh. It also helps to recycle dresses to events that involve separate groups of friends.

I've had a few people ask for help this year in choosing what to wear as a guest to a wedding. Let me know if you want any advice- I'd love to give my two cents!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl






No comments: