Wednesday, July 01, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: June 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

Necklace/Bracelet: Beck & Boosh via Pseudio
Reg $22 on sale for $6.50
Multifunctional pieces are so great. I love how this can be styled as a wrap bracelet or necklace. This is the third piece I own from Beck & Boosh (a company local to my hometown) and all of my baubles get regular wear.



Dress: Wilfred Free at Aritzia
Reg $110 on sale for $88 after price adjustment
At the opening event for Aritzia at Halifax Shopping Centre, I came home with this dress. I love how it can be styled as a shirt dress or left open as an overpiece. I could have came home with tons of items - but made myself stick with one! I took advantage of a price adjustment when the item went on sale.



Shirt: Banana Republic
Reg $85 on sale for $22
A simple (but far from boring) white shirt is a summertime essential. It literally goes with almost anything you own. This one has a fun zip detail at the back.



Top: Banana Republic
Reg $68 on sale for $15
Another interesting basic that goes with everything. It looks really cute tucked into a high waisted skirt!




Total value of items: $285
Price I paid: $131.50
I saved 54%

It's the end of a quarter! For these three months I spent a total of $510, which is normally $10 over budget. However, counting leftover birthday funds, I will still be rolling forward an extra $120 into next quarter.

I also ended up buying (with a gift card) a cute one-piece swimsuit and a sleep shirt form Victoria's Secret. I bought them at the start of the clearance sale, and then price adjusted two weeks later and saved myself $45!

On my radar will be a gold watch (still hunting), black heels, athletic sneakers (won't be included in budget) and black skinny jeans.

I'm linked with Franish for her budget post, if you'd like to see what some of the other bloggers bought in June.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Those were some fantastic deals you got on the Banana Republic tops! Also, I didn't know that Aritzia did price adjustments, so thanks for the heads up!