Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Sunday Currently 05/25/14

This weekend was spent doing a mixture of socializing and domesticating. Between Swiffers and scrubbing, I attended a two-month-post-wedding party for one of my friends who was brave enough to wear her beautiful wedding dress while running around with salads and burgers for her guests. 

Reading: I just finished The Fault in our Stars, which was a really good read although maybe not quite as great as the hype. I've moved on to Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy to see how Bridget fares in her 50's (really? was it that long ago that I read the first book?). I've also been borrowing back-issues of various magazines from the library - Glamour, Martha Stewart Weddings, Style at Home.
Writing: Not much in terms of blog posts. I go through periods where I'm uninspired, but I always come out of them. 
Listening: I'm in a cranky mood today, so I put on Songza's The World of Calvin Harris, which has yet to fail in bringing me out of a bad mood. I have to book the DJ for the wedding, but if I had my wish, Calvin Harris would do the party. 
Thinking: Constantly about how to adapt my life to my new Invisalign braces. The first two days, my mouth was a bit sore, but that has subsided. Now, I'm just left with how to fit them into my day to day life. For those of you who don't know, Invisalign braces are a series of clear trays that you wear 22 hours per day that gradually move your teeth into the proper place. I already had braces when I was 18, but my teeth have shifted since then. I was really noticing one of my front teeth rotating, and with the wedding coming up, I knew I'd regret it if I wasn't happy with my smile for the big day. Every time you eat, you have to brush and floss before re-inserting the trays. I'll catch myself trying to snack while making supper, or going to drink something that isn't plain water (which is all you can drink with the trays in). I have to remember to take the case with me everywhere!
Smelling: My Dove Dry Shampoo and The Body Shop Cocoa Butter
Hoping: I've been getting up earlier on weekdays to work out, which I am quite proud of because I've never had the motivation to do that. I hope I stick to it because it is so nice to come home from work and not have to worry about fitting a work out into the evening.
Wearing: Black jeggings, a cardigan, and slippers.
Loving: My Bubba Keg which keeps my boring water nice and cold
Wanting: Spring... even though it's almost summer. I put away a lot of my pants for the winter as I know I'll be wearing lots of skirts this summer. It has rarely been warm enough to wear skirts! 
Needing: To finish this post and head out to the grocery store. I need ingredients to make Mexican lasagna tonight. I also desperately need a new laptop so I can stop taking my blog photos on my phone. (edited to note: I posted this post-lasagna... which was so freaking good)
Feeling: Cranky, as I said before. I need to turn on Songza again.
Clicking: WhoWhatWear, Pinterest for home decor ideas.

I'm linked up with siddathornton today. Pop over to see what the other bloggers are doing on this Sunday in May.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: