Wednesday, May 07, 2014

My Monthly Purchases: April 2014 Part 2

Yes, I bought so much this month that I divided it into two posts! Part 1 was purchases that I bought with birthday money and gift cards I had received (thank you!)

Part 2 is the "out of pocket" money I spent. I promise this post is shorter than part 1!

Skirt: H&M
Discounted from $20 to $15 (I used a $5 H&M Conscious coupon, read about this program here)
I have a black pencil skirt and a black fitted mini skirt, but I wanted another one that could be dressed up or down. It's listed for $30 on-line, not sure why. I bought mine in-store in Vancouver.



Cardigan: Zara
Regular Price $43
If you are petite and small-framed, check out Zara's boys section for boyfriend-styled blazers and cardigans! This one is so soft and comfy, and I know I'm going to wear it until it falls apart.



Shirt: Old Navy 
Discounted from $28 to $15
I have blue chambray in two colors, and grey is a great alternative! In case you haven't noticed, grey goes with almost everything. When searching for this item on-line, I realized this is in fact a men's shirt. I bought it in the women's section.... and I don't care. The last oxford shirt I bought from Club Monaco was from the guys' section.  The pockets should have clued me in!






Tee: Old Navy
Free with Supercash in combination with the shirt above. Spend $25 and get $10 off.
There's not that much at Old Navy right now that interests me, so I decided to play it safe and get a plain white tee. It can never hurt to have a few in different styles in one's closet.





Pants: Forever 21
Regular price: $30
These were a little out of my comfort zone, but I fell in love with a pair of wide legged pants at Topshop that did NOT work with my body. This pair was the closest I could find to that look. I need to wear them with wedge sandals or heels because of the length, but the vertical panels (this must be too wide to be called a stripe...) make my legs look crazy long Truth being, they are actually crazy short.



Shoes: DKNY via Marshall's
Discounted from $75 to $40
Marshall's opened a few weeks ago and I made a visit on day three after opening. The selection was picked over as the crowds were insane, but I nabbed these cute flats.


Value of items: $214
Price I paid: $143
I saved 33%.

That leaves me with $357 to spend for this season. I'm going to see if I can stay well under budget, considering all I bought with my birthday money.

Thanks for reading!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous stuff...love the skirt!

visit my blog

http://www.afterflats.com/blogs/news