Monday, December 05, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: November 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I always like to save some money for Black Friday sales. Over the past few years, I think that day has been even better deals than Boxing Day. I did a big chunk of my Christmas shopping - yay! I had the day off work, which I will try to make happen every year.

Turtleneck: Bootlegger
Reg $30, on sale for $7.50
I'm obsessed with stripes and love having turtlenecks or other high-necked styles to layer with my beloved TNA Del Mar shirts in the winter. This also looks great under a blazer or cardigan.



Pants: Bootlegger
Reg $50, on sale for $20
My Madewell jeans developed am unfortunate hole. I wasn't sure if they would be saved (they were - thanks Mom) so I bought these to fill in the casual black pants void in my work wardrobe. They are quite comfy but they do loosen as the day goes on so I need to wear a belt with them.



Coat: Club Monaco
Reg $449, on sale for $189
This was an impulse buy, but I think it was a sound choice. My black peacoat that I got for dirt cheap at Joe Fresh a few years ago isn't the best. I love my black puffer coat, but I wanted something that was a bit dressier for going out to dinner and such. I saw this on Black Friday and it fits like  a dream. I really couldn't leave it there for the quality and price. I always lust over the coats at CM and now I get to wear one.



Necklace: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $18, on sale for $6.50
This is a very delicate but trendy piece. I love the multiple layers.



Tank: Joe Fresh
Reg $19, on sale for $10
I was going out and felt like something new to wear. I work beside Joe Fresh, and this caught my eye because of the sheer detail. The armholes are too big, but I'll likely always want to wear a cardigan or blazer with it anyway.



I also bought a Christmas sweater at Envy that I will save for an outfit post. It was $40 on sale for $30

Original price of items: $606
Price I paid: $263
I saved 57%

This leaves me with $178 to spend in December. I might buy a pair of chunky heeled ankle boots. I'll also check out the Boxing Day sales, but may carry some over to January as the real deals are usually in late January when the stores are starting to clear the winter stock.

Hope you found some great deals in November!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: