Friday, November 04, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: October 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

October was a quiet month for shopping. I did another Zara order but only kept one thing (see below). I also brought home a sweater from Joe Fresh, but didn't love it once I tried it on, so I returned it.

Jeans: Zara
Reg $50
I have friends who swear by Zara jeans. Up until now I'd had no luck with them. This pair is perfect - the rise, the length, the stretch factor, the distressing. They are labelled "premium denim" so maybe that's the key to Zara jeans for me. If you order them, they run a bit small. I had to size up one size. It has everything nothing to do with Halloween candy.




Dress: Old Navy (this color no longer available)
Reg $30, on sale for $15
I used to shop at Old Navy quite a bit but have been having no luck there for two years or so. I popped in randomly on a lunch break recently and decided to give this dress a try. I was pleasantly surprised! I can make this work any season of the year.



Reg $160, on sale for $20
Like was going to leave this on the rack for the price! I loved this dress when I saw it in the summer but couldn't justify the original price. With several weddings next summer to attend, I'm sure I'll be happy to have it! It's still listed as $136 on the website - I bought mine in store.



Original price of items: $240
Price I paid: $85
I saved 65%

This leaves me with $441 to roll ahead (I had an extra $26 from last quarter). I still haven't found my perfect black sweater. I need to hit up Aritzia (maybe on Black Friday) and perhaps American Apparel.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: