Sunday, June 19, 2016

Summer Night-time Skincare Routine

It's been a while since I've posted on my skincare routine. I'd like to describe me skin as indecisive. It used to be so consistent... sigh. Since I stopped BCP and went on thyroid meds, my skin has gotten a lot more oily in my t- zone. I actually use blotting papers sometimes when I'm not lazy, and until this year, I've never had to use them!


After pulling my hair into a scary-looking ponytail and putting on a hair band of some sort, I use my first cleanser. Yes I have two. One for my chin (the evil area) and the other for the rest of my face. I rub Glamglow Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser on my dry chin, then add a bit of water and massage. Then I wet my face and put Jouviance Cleansing Gel on the rest of my face. I use my Forea Luna Mini to do the hard scrubby work. I find the Glamglow too drying for my cheeks and since it's so expensive, I'd rather use it on just the bit that really needs it!



To remove eye and brow make-up, I use Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Solution on a Quo cotton pad. This works AMAZING and a bottle lasts about six months. Sometimes I actually do the eye makeup removal first, before I wash. Depends on the day.



I gently pat my face dry with a towel and apply my current eye cream Avene Physiolift Eyes with
my ring finger (it's the one that uses the least pressure). Then I use a serum (lately it's been The Body Shop Drops of Youth). I let that sink in for a minute and then apply my moisturizer - Olay Total Effects  or Ole Henricksen Pure Youth Truth Activating Oil. If I need a bit of a glow (I'm so pale), I mix in two or three drops of Clarins Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster which is a fabulous facial sunless tanner. It never streaks and can be added to whatever your current moisturizer is.



If I'm being totally honest, I have noticed my skin changing over the past year - the effects of gravity and being a side sleeper. I'm trying hard to sleep on my side for at least part of the night. I also have some uneven tone on my chin from prior breakouts. I've been considering trying microdermabrasion or even IPL. 

My skin care routine will always be in flux as I'm a total product junkie. I'm trying to get better at actually finishing a product before I go out and replace it. I get so bored with the same thing that I have to be obsessed with something before I'd buy it again. I always want to change it up.

I didn't mention any treatments or masks because I think I'll do a separate post on those later for you. I've been loving sheet masks lately!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: