Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bowl of Yum

I've been meaning to write this post for the longest time! I was kindly sent a few recipe books, and one of them is all smoothie bowls!

Smoothie bowls are those works of art you see on Instagram that are usually some combo of a thicker consistency smoothie topped with fruit, nuts, granola, and other healthy things. I experimented with them while I was on my cleanse (see here), and the honestly don't take nearly as long to make as the appear to. 

It was hard for me to pick the first smoothie bowl to attempt from 200 Best Smoothie Bowl Recipes by Alison Lewis, but the one that won my eyes over is below.



Orange, Banana and Coconut Bowl (serves one)

2 tbsp freshly squeezed OJ 
2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp old fashioned rolled oats
1 frozen banana cut into pieces
1 cup sliced oranges
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
4 ice cubes

Suggested toppings:
Sliced banana 
Unsweetened shredded coconut
Grated orange zest
Granola

Combine all ingredients except for suggested toppings in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into bowl and top as desired.

My decorative efforts at 7AM aren't the best.

My did some mild alterations which likely affected the outcome very little. My OJ was not freshly squeezed, I used almond-coconut milk, and my toppings were goji berries, hemp hearts, coconut and oranges.

Also note that if you have a big blender (like me, I have a Blendtec) you can't just press "smoothie" and go with this one. There isn't much for liquid so it barely covered the blades. I had to use "pulse" and keep pressing it until it was blended. 

This was delicious and really easy! I made it in the morning before work and didn't mess up! The night before, I set the non-refrigerated items on the counter so I'd have less to gather in the morning.

Let me know if you end up trying this recipe!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

*this book was provided to me for free but my opinions are my own*

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!