Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waxon: Brows on Fleek

If you've taken a walk on Spring Garden Road in Halifax lately, you may have noticed the vibrant storefront of Waxon. The decor is so inviting! Once you step inside, the scent is just as fabulous as the sight. Waxon has developed their own line of wonderful smelling skin care products that will optimize your waxing experience.




The company's founder Lexi was in town for the day, and she spent some time with me explaining the expansion of Waxon from Toronto to Halifax. She went to university here (yay Dal!) and Halifax seemed to be the natural next step for the brand, given her love for the city. 



I was lucky to be treated to a brow shaping (wax), a brow tint, and a lash tint. The whole experience was very relaxing and not painful. I'd had my brows waxed many times before but never had lash or brow tinting done.

The results? I was very pleased with the experience. My brows were a perfect shape for me (and kept natural at my request).  There was no redness afterwards either (shocking!). The brow tint actually turned out a tiny bit orange BUT it evolved over the next 24 hours to a shade just one level darker than my natural brow. I haven't even felt the need to use my Benefit Gimme Brow (which is normally a daily must for me). As for the lash tint... I think it would be fabulous for someone who had full, long lashes that were just too light. For me, my own lashes are still too skinny and short to be able to go without mascara, even with the tint.

I went home with three great products - it was SO hard to choose which scents as they were all wonderful. I have the Body Shot moisturizing oil, On the Rocks (exfoliant and cleansing product) in Japanese Peppermint and Eucalyptus, and Loofah scrub in Blood Orange & White Grapefruit. The loofah is so neat - an actual loofah embedded in soap! What a great concept.

Thanks so much to Waxon for having me! I will be back!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl




No comments: