Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Great Picks 2013: Part One



I was inspired to write this post by Jill, whose blog I've been following for a few years now. I already did a post on my favorite outfits of last year, but this is one on my favorite pieces. These are what I consider the smartest purchases - the ones I will get the most use of and won't tire of wearing for a long time. I'll share half of my picks this week, and half next week.

Denim Jacket

I was so happy to see a large selection of denim jackets this year. They are the perfect topper to a cute summer dress. I got this at Old Navy for $25.

Bright Heels

These are so fun and unbelievably comfortable - as are any shoes I've ever worn by Nine West. I bought these at The Shoe Company (on-line) for $60.



Wallet

Coach sends out 25% off coupons to their mailing list all the time. I took advantage and bought a new wallet when my other one bit the dust. After almost a year of use, it's still going strong and I love that I picked such a bold color. This was $105 after the discount.



Coated Jeans

These are great for venturing away from basic denim. They're comfy and sit in a nice spot on the waist. These were $63 at Gap.

There's the denim jacket again...

Striped Sweater

The colors in this sweater were what drew me to it. I'm a sucker for orange. It's cozy but could still be worn on a cool summer evening. This was deeply discounted for $35 at Club Monaco.



One thing I noticed when harvesting these pics from previous blog posts, is how infrequently I've blogged about some of my favorite items. As much as I love those shoes, I've only worn them once! I'm sure I'll get mileage out of them in the summer. They were a late season buy last year.

Make sure to check back next week for the second half of my picks!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl





No comments: