Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Rock: A Perfect Location and a Perfect Accessory

R and I have a special rock. It's a large rock that's perched on top of some other flat rocks, along a gorgeous stretch of coastline.

Purcell's Cove Road
We had our first kiss (almost three years ago) while we were sitting on the rock. Many times, we've said we were going to return to the rock but we hadn't - until this past Saturday.

R told me that he bought an amazing deal at a hotel downtown - so good of a deal that we'd be silly not to take advantage of it. R told me we needed some exercise so we should go on a little hike before we checked into the hotel.

It was a fabulous sunny day and we hiked out in the direction of the rock. We hadn't seen it for three years, so we had conflicting views on which rock was actually "ours."

R climbed up on the rock, but I was a bit scared as it was steep and I didn't feel I had a good foothold. I tried to convince him to come down, but he was very insistent that I join him. He finally convinced me to let him pull me up onto the rock.

There wasn't much room on the rock, so I sat in front of him. The scenery was so beautiful - we said we couldn't believe we let almost three years pass before returning to our special spot.

Then out came this....


EEEEEEK!!

Words can't express how happy I am to have found such a wonderful guy to spend my life with! Thank you R for a beautiful day, a beautiful love, and the most beautiful accessory I've ever seen.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



1 comment:

TaraMixandMatch said...

Congrats! Your ring is stunning!