Monday, May 20, 2013

Dirty Banana

Hello readers! I'm back from my week in glorious Jamaica and have decided to title all my vacation posts with the names of my favorite drinks from the trip. Check the end of the post for the recipe!

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica and it was a stunning resort. The staff were super- friendly, the food was outstanding, and the entire place was kept so perfectly clean.  It was my first time in Jamaica, and it won't be my last! 

I was honored to stand as a bridesmaid in my dear friend's wedding, and the 59 of us who went for the wedding had a great time!

These photos were taken the night we arrived and it was the only time my hair was straight all week.


Details
Dress: Suzy Shier (Halifax)
Shoes: Call it Spring (Halifax)
Bag: Guess (Century 21, NYC)
Bracelet: The Black Market (Halifax)






Dirty Banana

1 ounce rum-based coffee liqueur
1 ounce rum cream
2 ounces milk
1/2 ounce simple syrup (a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 sugar that is simmered until sugar is dissolved)
1/2 banana
1 cup ice


Blend and serve in an iced glass. 

XOXO
Glitterary Girl




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha to the post title; I will have to try the drink! Loving this Missoni-esque dress on you. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics!
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.ca