Monday, March 11, 2013

Glymm February 2013

Yes, I know it's March, but Glymm's new shipping policy is to mail the bags out at the end of the month instead of on the 10th. Meaning the bag I paid for on January 18th didn't find me until March 5. Hmmm.

Sadly, this is my last Glymm bag to tell you about. I honestly enjoyed the service up until the past few months. Late bags, problems with on-line shopping, a price hike, less than impressive content, repeat samples, and difficulties with customer service were the reasons why I decided to stop my membership. It was a hard decision because I love getting samples in the mail, but I will likely subscribe to another service once I do some research.

That being said, my last bag was kind of cute!

Hearts for Valentine's Day
First was a sample of Villainess Ginger Snapped Bar Soap. We've had a different sample from this brand before. I actually purchased a full size soap from the Glymm's on-line beauty store and am using it in the shower right now. I'm a total foodie person when it comes to smells so this ginger sample was great for me.

The next sample is frustrating. We were given a bottle of gel nail polish by Nailuv. I normally love getting polish samples, but this one requires a UV light in order for the polish to dry. I'd like to take a survey of how many people own a UV light... so this sample basically requires that I go and pay for a manicure in order to try the polish. Um, no.


The little lollipop in the corner was their treat for Valentine's day (which happened nineteen days prior to my bag arriving). The brown eyeshadow is the color Luxury by Purely Pro. The color was not exciting at all in the pan - a very flat brown. However, when I tried it on, it's not bad and I may even use it on my brows.


Last (and best) was a full sized Femme Couture Monster Gloss in Divine. The color is a little scary in the tube, but is actually really pretty on the lips. The applicator is about double the size of the average applicator, which surprisingly I liked. It smells nice (kind of like frosting) and feels smooth when applied. There is some shimmer to it, but it looks more intense in the tube than it does once it's on.

Here's what it looks like swatched
There was a coupon for 50% off a Shiny Set jewelry subscription (which I won't be using).

So it's with mixed feelings that I'm moving on in the beauty sample world. Thanks Glymm for a great service for the first year or so. Does anyone have experience with other beauty sample subscriptions? I've heard good things about Top Box!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I can't recall if we received our March box yet. I think not. B00000 Glymm.