Sunday, September 09, 2012

Novel-Tea: Part 13

I'm so bad for reading books long after the film has been released. I wanted to see One Day in the theatre and couldn't because I hadn't read the book yet. Y'all know that movie-before-book is a crime I won't commit.

I finally got around to reading the book (on my Kobo). I loved the idea of the story unfolding one day at a time, on July 15th of each year. It was really fun to try to piece together what happened in the year between chapters.

Now I can see the movie! Anne Hathaway is the female lead, and I have high hopes for this film, even though I can't imagine she'll surpass her amazingness in The Devil Wears Prada (which is right up there with Blue Crush in the "movies I'll never tire of" category).

My tea of the day is my old faithful- Starbucks Non-Fat Chai Latte with chocolate dust and nutmeg. I'm sitting in Starbucks as I type this and it's crazy how being here with this specific drink is getting me in the writing mood again. At least 50% of my novel was written in various Starbucks from Halifax to Vancouver.

I've spent a lot of this week sulking at the hundreds of tweets and photos that are rolling in from New York Fashion Week. I must make it a mission to attend sometime in the next few years... if anyone has any advice on how to make that happen, please share. How does one go about getting tickets to these shows? It looks like there are only 100 people in each audience, yet EVERYONE seems to be attending a show or seven, so how does that make mathematical sense?

A few street style photos caught my eye....


Are you waiting for a picture?

Sorry.... Blogger is not allowing me to upload pictures today. I'm getting a "server returned invalid response" message when I try. Boring post with no pictures... I'm surprised you're still reading.

I don't think I'd need to attend a show to enjoy NYFW. I could creep around outside the shows and people-watch. What real people are wearing is far more interesting to me than what's on the catwalk. Runway shows are fun in the fashion-meets-art way, but the reality is.... I don't have the budget to be buying most of that stuff.

Cross your fingers that my photo upload issue resolves soon.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl










1 comment:

Jessica said...

i thought this looked like a cute movie :D im excited for perks of being a wallflower!!

Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com