Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Lifestyle Lately

If I could sum up the first part of then summer in three words, I'd use: busy, fun, exhausting. In no particular order.

Weddings, bachelorette parties, showers, BBQs, dinners, birthday parties.... in rapidfire sucession.

My lifestyle hasn't left much time for shopping, but on the flip-side, I'm saving money for my retail adventures in San Francisco. October will be grand!

Here are a few small things I've tried lately.


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB. SPF 30

I held out on buying a BB because I don't like wearing a base. I still don't use this BB daily, but it's slowly being introduced to my usual routine. I wear it over my SPF moisturizer. The BB itself contains SPF, but I'd be worried I wasn't applying enough for adequate coverage if I used the BB alone.

It spreads well and blends well and it does seem to blur uneven skin tones. I'm not yet decided if I'll repurchase this or try another brand.


Seche Vite Top Coat
I bought this top coat from Sally Beauty a few months ago and it works well to dry nails a bit faster than your average topper. I'm  not able to be functional any sooner than when I use other stuff though. It just speeds up that REALLY wet time when you can't even flip a magazine page for fear of smearing. I'd repurchase though because I love nothing better than magazine reading while waiting for my nails to dry.

Every single thing I've made from this book so far has been excellent. Okay, it's only been six things, but 6/6 is a great track record. The recipes are easy to follow, and there are interesting and funny facts throughout that give me something to read while I'm waiting for my onions to soften.

Look what I made


This genius DIY bracelet idea is courtesy of the Lauren Conrad website. Check out this link to watch her video.

The ribbon was $0.50 at Wal-Mart (I only used a tiny bit), and the washers were about $2.50 for a box of 40. I've already made these in a few more colors. They literally take 15 minutes to complete.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl









8 comments:

Eimear O'Reilly Stylist said...

great post love! i have a new post up if you'd like to take a look, thanks.

http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

Amy said...

I;ve been diggin' LC's little craft posts! Ill have to try that one out!

http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

Cute DIY =)
xo,
nancy

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately

like me - https://www.facebook.com/lavieenrose.blog8

http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

Dee Paulino said...

NICE :)


www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, the bracelet turned out amazing. Fabulous post, love! I've got some exciting news regarding my LaurenConrad.com post. Hope you'll stop by to check it out. Oh, and thanks so much for the book recommendation. I have quite the must read list now. :) xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a fun DIY project! Now following :)

GlamBrownie said...

Great post! I also just bought the BB and trying it for now, may be will blog about it once I get more use out of it. If you have a change, please check out my blog http://glambrownie.com and comment if you like. Keep up the great work!! XX