Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Lucky Shopping Outfit

I don't know if this entire outfit is lucky, or just some aspect of it. Perhaps I'll try going shopping again wearing each of these pieces individually to see if one of them is magical. I hope it's the bracelet - I could wear this every day!


Details
Sweater: Smart Set (Halifax)
Turtleneck: Mac and Jac (Moments, Truro)
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters (Halifax)
Sneakers: Converse (Margolians, Truro)
Bracelet: Club Monaco (Halifax)
Earrings: Gift
Hat: Le Chateau (Halifax)
Bag: Coach (Gift)


I scored some seriously cute pieces that would have added up to over $200 at the original price. What did I pay? $30.

My finds included two belts for $2 (buy one get one free!), a pair of $4 flats, and a pair of polka dot jeans for $7.

I'm so in love with printed jeans but I hate spending a lot of money on them in case the trend is short-lived. I paid $26 in total for my floral and polka dot pairs, so I think I'm doing okay at not breaking the bank!

As always, here's my Wednesday writing prompt from Plinky.

You've been asked to do a five-minute presentation to a group of schoolchildren on anything of your choice. What would you present?


I would talk to them about the importance of being kind to one another. Yes, I’m stealing that from Ellen, but I think it’s the most important thing you can teach a child. It disturbs me so much when I see or hear of kids being mean to each other. Kids aren't mean by nature, so they must have learned it somewhere. Unfortunately, not all kids have a positive role model so we as a society have an obligation to make sure youngsters make kindness a top priority.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



3 comments:

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Love the color of those pants!

Shia
World According to Shia

Unknown said...

cute outfit, and sounds like you got some amazing deals!!

PS-visit my blog to enter my Jack Rogers giveaway!

Unknown said...

Love your layering here and those sneakers are too cute! LOVES IT!

Rachel’s Lookbook