Friday, January 04, 2013

Blog Wishes for the New Year

What do I want for Glitterary Girl in 2013? More of these shirts.


Details:
Blouse and Bracelets: Forever 21 (San Francisco)
Pants: Uniqlo (San Francisco)
Boots: Call it Spring (Halifax)
Faux Fur Collar: H&M (Dartmouth)
Earrings: Gap Factory Outlet (Las Vegas)
Rings: Gifts


Just a dusting of the white stuff. These photos were taken on Christmas Eve.



My ideals for Glitterary Girl this year:

Make more connections
I'll continue to reach out to other bloggers who inspire me and perhaps do some collaborations, host guest posts, and maybe actually connect with the fashion blogging community that exists in my little corner of the world.

Add some polish - and not just on the nails.
I want my blog to be more user friendly and easy to navigate. I got some wonderful advice a few months ago from av at longdistanceloving (who I'm also linking up with today for My Friday's Fancies) but haven't taken the time to incorporate a lot of the great suggestions she made.

Bring the literary part back.
I originally intended for this blog to be just as much about my writing as it was about my life and style. Somehow, the clothes took over... Once a week, I'll aim to get a bit more wordy with my posts. For those of you who are wondering, there is nothing to report on in terms of my novel going anywhere. That's what happens when you don't submit anything to agents for... oh.... six months or so. Once I get my fitness back on track, I plan on giving the book another push.

I've added my Instagram link (username: jennifermerlin14) to my social networking over in the right sidebar. My apologies to anyone following me on Pinterest - I've fallen out of love with it at the moment.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



10 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Adorable top and great goals for 2013!

siddathornton said...

i love all your goals - i also intend on making more connections through blogging this year :)

Taylor said...

Really love the shirt! And great goals! I also need to find a bit of blog motivation this year!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Love the shirt and all of your goals! Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you!

xo, Emily
bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

so anthro said...

What a fun top and great goals! Love that you thought of your blog too-- I need to make some resolutions for my own!
xx, Emily
http://soanthro.com

kathy said...

Fantastic outfit!
Love the boots :)
xxx

Emily Devine said...

Gorgeous blouse! Shiny polka dots...can't go wrong. And those are great blogging goals! I should follow suit.

Emily
http://a-devine-life.blogspot.com/

Ayantika said...

LOved that faux fur collar. So cute :)
Wanna follow each other?
Love,

Bong's Belleza

Unknown said...

I am drinking green tea and catching up on my Jenn posts! Love what you've put down here; relationships in the blogging world are so huge and I am also trying to double my efforts to make connections with people that inspire me. Shoot me an email if you want to collaborate on anything this year; I love tossing around ideas!!
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

New Year is one of my favorite holiday. It means new beginning, new start, new life. Thanks for warm New Year wishes. May you too have a wonderful new beginning for the new year! Cheers!

All the best,
Val