Monday, January 28, 2013

The Alpaca Sweater

I got this sweater for Christmas and I love it. Partly because it's stripey and warm, but mostly because wearing an alpaca hair sweater might be the closest to owning an alpaca I'll ever get.


Details
Sweater (made from alpaca, have I mentioned?): Gap (Halifax)
Jeans: Mossimo for Target (San Francisco)
Booties: Call it Spring (Halifax)
Bracelet and Earrings: gifts
Necklace: Forever 21 (LA)
Scarf: Mexx (Dartmouth)





My poses are rather stiff and awkward as I'm still getting used to the tripod. I envisioned that when I got a tripod I'd have such interesting pictures because I'd take it out to parks and the waterfront. Turns out my comfort level with taking pictures of myself is low, even in my own house. I think I'll try getting comfortable with using it indoors and my yard before I venture out in public.

Other bloggers, do you feel strange going out in public with a tripod? How do I get comfortable with it?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My ѕpouse and Ӏ stumblеd ovеr hеrе coming from a dіffeгent ωеbsite and thοught I mаy as well chесk things out.

I like what Ι see so now i am folloωing уou.
Look fоrωard to lookіng οѵer yοur web
pаge аgain.
Also visit my web blog ... loans for bad credit

Unknown said...

This looks so warm. Anything with Alpaca, I'll take it. And hey, I'm with you on the tripod thing. It's not easy, but its an adventure!

Happy Monday!
Clare
Understated Classics

Chelsea Olivia said...

I'm totally with you on posing public...SO AWKWARD! Even more so if it's a tripod taking the photo instead of an actual person I think. Gaaah. Don't think I'll ever get over that! I love the sweater though :)

Olive & Ivy

Lauren said...

I love those jeans! And I feel so awkward in mine too. I think it just comes with the blogging territory. And I'd like to think it comes easier as time goes on. My boyfriend, and sometimes my dad, is the lucky one who takes my photos :P xo

Clare C. Whitaker said...

I have never been into taking pictures of myself...so I can't give you any advice! My good friend from school, Emily of Simply Southern...is quite a pro! You should talk to her about it. Although, I think you are looking pretty good :) Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

Toodles,
Twirling Clare