Wednesday, January 09, 2013

January Blahs

What is it about January? After the busy holidays, things seem so boring this month.




Details

Cardigan: Forever 21 (San Francisco)
Shirt: Gap (Halifax)
Jeans: Mossimo from Target (San Francisco)
Boots: BareTraps from The Shoe Company (Halifax)
Scarf and Hat: Le Chateau (Halifax)
Belt: Dynamite (Halifax)



Maybe I should appreciate January more. After all, January gives us the return of shows that have been on hiatus for the holidays or even longer (hello Pretty Little Liars and The Bachelor). It also gives us sales (have you seen the clearance section at Joe Fresh?) I'm sorry January - can we kiss and make up?

Remember how I said I was going to inject more of the literary into Glitterary Girl? I found a great writing prompt website called Plinky. Each day they provide a new topic to write about. If I feel inspired, I'll write about the topic and share with my readers once a week.


What is your worst quality as a human? Describe it in detail and why you think it’s bad.

My worst quality as a human being is the avoidance of conflict. The thought of having a serious argument with someone makes me cringe. The result is I often put aside my own wants and comforts in order to escape confrontation. The closer my relationship with someone, the more likely I am to be comfortable with some conflict. It even bothers me when others are arguing around me - even if it has nothing to do with me. What’s the cure for this? It’s not like I think I’m not important or have low self esteem – I just hate the feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when there is tension around me and I’ll avoid it whenever possible. This trait could be problematic if I ever really had to stand up for myself against a lot of people who disagreed with me. I’d make an awful lawyer.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl









No comments: