Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pumped Up Kicks


The original Isabel Marant wedge sneakers are truly amazing, right? How could a zillion supermodels be wrong?

Not so amazing is the hefty price tag – in the vicinity of $700. Unfortunately, most of us don’t operate on a supermodel’s salary.

Wait – there is hope! My prediction is that low to mid-range wedge sneakers will be one of the most rampant trends of 2013.



Details
Shirt: Joe Fresh (Halifax)
American Apparel Circle Scarf (Vancouver) worn as a cardigan
Jeans: Guess (Moments, Truro)
Belt: Gap (Halifax)
Necklace: Etsy
Sneakers: Skechers (The Shoe Company, Halifax)
Bracelets: Forever 21 (San Francisco)


Darker hair


These Skechers are so comfortable. They have a three inch hidden wedge. I had a hard time deciding between black and tan but I'm happy with my choice!

Here's a fun writing prompt from Plinky!


If you had to evacuate your home in an instant, what five items would you grab on your way out?

1)      My boyfriend. We’re an item. He counts.
2)      My photo albums from Australia. It took me about five years to assemble and journal them, and they remind me of the best year of my life (so far).
3)      My car keys with the cute flower keychain
4)      My Coach bag – the brown leather one. I’m using it at the moment so it’ll have some goodies in it like my wallet, lipgloss, and some migraine meds as I’m sure I’m stressing over why I’ve fled my home.
5)      My jewellery box. The box itself was a gift from my Gram and I keep my nicer pieces in it (generally from people who mean a lot to me).


What would you grab on the way out?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


6 comments:

Amy said...

Love how the kicks seem to make it casual and comfy!
http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

that bubble necklace is sooo cute! really puts a "wow" on any outfit!!! love the snowy background

http://delightfulideas.com/

xo lala

Anonymous said...

Lovely outfit! It's funny because I have almost the same shoes and I blogged about it today as well!

-Vogue&Heels
vogueandheels.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'll buy a pair like those 3yrs from now lol Just like the grey booties ;-)

Fash Boulevard said...

OMG, that necklace is amazing. Adore this outfit. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com