Sunday, July 08, 2018

June 2018 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $550. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2200 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

June is usually a bigger spending month for me because of the summer sales. I had $315 available to spend this month to end the quarter. 

Top: Eclipse
Reg $35, on sale for $24  ($15 now!)
I was on a mission this month to buy a few tops for nights out. This was one of them, and I wore it to a birthday party followed by a night out at The Lower Deck.



Tank: Dynamite
Reg $23, on sale for $15
This was another "going out shirt" that I wore to Cider Fest.

Tee: H&M
Reg $15, on sale for $7
A more casual going out shirt or weekend shirt. This was part of the Anna Glover collection.



Pants: H&M
Reg $20
I was really drawn to these pants when I saw them, but didn't think they would look for me as elastic waist things generally don't. But they were surprisingly cute! They look great with black or white tops.



Tee: H&M
Reg $15, on sale for $7
It's not summer without nautical stripes! I wore this on a boat (of course). I can't seem to find it on-line...





Dress: Gap
Reg $65, on sale for $25
I love the soft and stretchy material of this dress. I wore it to work already with a cardigan.





Tee: TNA at Aritzia
Reg $25, on sale for $20
TNA tees are so soft. I bought this color during the clientele sale specifically to wear on Canada Day.



Cardigan: Wilfred Free at Aritzia
Reg $65, on sale for $52
Another clientele sale find. This is my third Zlata cardi. I can't believe I held out so long to buy the black one.



Shirt: The Group by Babaton at Aritzia
Reg $55, on sale for $32
This was on sale after the clientele sale. It's a great basic that can be worn year-round.



Pants: Banana Republic (no longer available on-line)
Reg $110, on sale for $27
Sloan pants are my favourite! I love the buttons on the bottom. I think I have five pairs of pants in this color now..... I'm OK with it.



Tee: Zara (no longer available on-line)
Reg $26, on sale for $18
This was from the kids section and looks good with high-waisted bottoms (including the H&M pants above) . I love basic white and cream tops for the summer. Fun fact: this was part of a $500 Zara on-line order and this was the only thing I kept!




Original Value of Items: $454
Price I paid: $242
I saved $47%

I'm rolling $73 on as I didn't spend my limit for last quarter. The summer sales continue into July, which is fun because it's actually warm enough now to wear summer clothes. I hope to still have a decent amount left to spend for Toronto in August. We're booked to stay across from the Vaughan Mills mall. There is nothing in particular I have my eye on for July, but I do have a sizeable Gap on-line order on the way, which might eat away some of my budget. The Zara summer sale is going on right now and there are a few things I have my eye on that I might grab if the price drops again.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: