Tuesday, May 08, 2018

April 2018 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $550. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2200 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

April is the start of a new quarter and I have $596 to spend. I haven't bought a new denim jacket yet. The Levis Ex-Boyfriend Trucker is my favourite so far . I can probably make do with the ones a already own for now, and wait to make sure it's the one I want.

Hoodie: H&M (no longer available on-line)
Reg $40, on sale for $15
I keep gravitating towards pink this spring. I'll be clearing out some of my older hoodies soon, so I decided I need this one. Love the details - not quite basic.



Tee: H&M
Reg $20, on sale for $12 (now it's $10)
Like I needed another Bieber shirt.



Tee: Zara (no longer available on-line)
Reg $20
I wasn't sure about this when I pulled it out of the box, but once I tried it on, I was sold. It's quite thick, almost like sweatshirt.



Shirt: Zara
Reg $26
This was another one that I had to try on to appreciate. I love red and blue!



Sweater: Gap (no longer available on-line)
Reg $55, on sale for $17
I donated a similar sweater recently and I knew I'd miss it if I didn't replace it. I like the sleeve length on this one, and it'll go with almost anything.


Bomber Jacket: Gap 
Reg $108, on sale for $23
I know, a weird purchase for spring, but I'll tuck it away for the fall and be happy to have a new jacket. I've always had a thing for camo.





Scarf: lululemon via Brilliant
Reg $48, on sale for $28
This is second-hand but in perfect condition. As big of a scarf person as I am, this is my first Vinyasa.



Earrings: Aldo
Reg $8
One day I had a burning need for giant hoops.



Original value of items: $325
Price I paid: $149
I saved 54%

I'm focused own finding blush pink pants, and when I find them, I'll surely spill mustard on them the first time I wear them. I'm also eyeing Vans (yes, pink ones) I saw at DSW. Fashion sneakers will always be a weakness.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: