Sunday, April 08, 2018

March 2018 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $550. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2200 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I feel like I added lots to the closet this month. There was a helpful injection of a bit of birthday money ($60) - the remainder was spent on a new purple Swiss Gear large suitcase and a Bath & Body Works haul. I had $208 of my own money to use plus the birthday money. The Dynamite items were a perk from their renovated store opening at HSC - I scored a $50 gift card - yay!

Boots: Zara (no longer available on-line)
Reg $75, on sale for $13
These were a really random purchase but I'm pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they are. They certainly generate a lot of comments when I wear them.



Pants: Zara
Reg $50, on sale for $26
Work pants, but I think I could wear them outside of work as well.



Shirt: Gap
Reg $40, on sale for $15
A basic, plain, comfy top to wear with some of my patterned pants. I like the sleeve details.



Hoodie: Gap (no longer available on-line)
Reg $55, on sale for $5
I couldn't leave this on the rack for $5! I love the longer length.



Sweater: Gap
Reg $75, on sale for $12
This won't get wear until next fall/winter but how nice to have a brand new sweater waiting for me next season.



Pants: Banana Republic
Reg $110, on sale for $40
Sadly, my red work pants haven't fit me for a while and it was finally time to replace them. They're on sale in other colors too... tempting.


Necklace: Banana Republic (no longer available on-line)
Reg $50, on sale for $15
A little penguin that sparkles! Of course I bought him.



Sneakers: Puma (similar from Browns)
Reg $120, on sale for $31
My biggest weakness... sneakers. Great price and a little bit of platform gives me a few extra inches.



Shirt: H&M
Reg $20, used conscious coupon and paid $15
I love orange for spring and summer. This will get a lot of wear.




Skirt: H&M
Reg $40, used conscious coupon and paid $35
This looks nice with the above top. It runs really small though. H&M sizes normally do, but I had to size up even further with this skirt.




Tee: H&M (no longer available on-line)
Reg $15, on sale for $5
I love me a cute slogan tee. This will be cute under a blazer or denim jacket.



Original value of items: $650
Price I paid: $212 plus $10 I had to add to the Dynamite items (see below).... $222
I saved 68%


Dynamite
Top: Reg $ 45, on sale for $25
I love the length and fit of this top. The bottom part seems a bit thin... we'll see how it washes.



Dynamite
Skirt: Reg $35
I can picture wearing this a lot of different ways, and it's the type of piece that can be worn all year round.


I'm rolling $46 ahead to next quarter. I tend to wait til June to buy things for summer, as our weather doesn't allow for shorts and stuff until then anyway, and that's when summer clothing goes on sale. I do have a few things on my radar though. I'm eyeing a longer style denim jacket on the Forever 21 site as well as a few bodysuits on Zara. Bodysuits and me don't usually get along due to my long torso though...

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: