Monday, March 05, 2018

February 2018 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $550. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2200 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I feel like I bought a lot in February. Winter clearance sales were in full force.

Pants: Zara
Reg $35, on sale for $23
So... my workplace has now implemented a dress code. "Business Casual" with Casual Fridays. For someone who wore jeans a lot, I felt the impact. Once I took a closet inventory, I realized that I have plenty of things to wear that are dress code appropriate. Adding another pair of "pants that are not jeans" wasn't exactly necessary, but I really liked these and I was pouting.



Sweater: Zara
Reg $20, on sale for $8
I have this exact sweater in pink  from a few months back and when I saw it in black and on sale I picked it up. Kids 13/14 Zara sweaters will fit me depending on the style.



Infinity Scarf: Zara
Reg $20, on sale for $6
Another find in the kids section. I picture wearing this in the fall with a jean jacket.

Hat: Golden by TNA for Aritzia
Reg $28, on sale for $8
I own this hat already in burgundy. I adore Aritzia hats. I can't believe this was the only thing I bought myself in the Aritzia sale!




Boots: Zara
Reg $150, on sale for $80
I've finally found black ankle boots to replace my old Aldo ones that got hundreds of days of wear. I ordered a few from Browns as well. There was one pair that were beautiful but they were really delicate nubuck which just isn't practical for this climate for an everyday boot, which was what I was searching for. I love the stud details on these and that there are no zippers or laces.



Sweater: Gap
Reg $65, on sale for $17
I've been drawn to pink things lately which is a departure from my closet full of neutrals.



Cardigan: Gap
Reg $55, on sale for $7
This reminds me of the Wilfred Free Zlata cardi from Aritzia, which is my favourite. This came with a fabric belt but I don't like it so I will ditch that and cut off the little belt loops.



Sweater: H&M
Reg $30, on sale for $5
I wore this on Valentine's Day. It's too big but I don't care.



Necklace: RW & Co.
Reg $39, on sale for $7
I bought this to go with a black dress to a charity event. I could have worn a necklace I already owned but I felt like something new.



Blazer: H&M
Reg $40, used Conscious coupon and got it for $35
I have a thing for no-button blazers. This one is really soft and stretchy and long. Love it.




Original value of items: $482
Price I paid $196
I saved 60%

The past few years I've been shopping in California in March, which isn't happening this year. I have $208 left to spend for the quarter. I don't really have anything specific on my wish list. It's always so tempting to buy lots of spring clothes but in reality, it's still a long time before they can be worn.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: