Thursday, February 01, 2018

Currently 01.31.18

Disclaimer: I will throw references about my vacation (Iberostar Bavaro Suites in Punta Cana) into this post constantly. If that annoys you, don't say I didn't warn you. I should be over it soon.

This water though...

Reading
The Daylight Marriage by Heidi Pitlor - A fairly fast suspense novel, but I was not satisfied with the ending at all.
Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight - Loved this one! It reminded me a lot of 13 Reasons Why. A good twist at the end.
Carry Me Down by MJ Hyland - This kept my attention enough to finish it, but I found it supremely depressing. Basically about a boy with psychological issues.
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - I almost didn't read this book, but I finished Carry Me Down one day at work and didn't have another book to start so I picked it up out of the reading room. I'm so glad I did! I liked it so much that I brought it on vacation with me to finish. A post-apocalyptic read with excellent character development. 
Walking on Trampolines by Frances Whiting - Perfect beach book. I flew through this novel about a complicated love triangle that also focuses on other important relationships.

Writing
Not much of anything but maybe I'll write some poems for Valentine's Day.

Clicking
I've been playing Word Cookies on my phone - so addictive - but I took a relative break from most social media while I was on vacation. No online shopping has been done lately either (weird).

Watching
This is Us, Season 4 of Suits, KUWTK, Grey's. I'm not watching as much YouTube lately.



Eating
I can't stop thinking about the doughnuts at the Iberostar. I'm not even someone who eats a lot of doughnuts, but I sure did last week (ummm... three times a day...)! Lots of great food was eaten while on vacation, but my favourite meal was the sushi, grilled chicken, veggies and rice at the Japanese restaurant. Since I've been home, I've made two new soup recipes from the book Yum and Yummer.



Drinking
My vacation drink of choice was wine at night and vodka-cranberry-orange in the daytime. In normal life, I've still been stuck on tea (a cup or two every morning at work).  Lemon Pound Cake by DAVIDsTEA is my current fave. I need to drink more water.

Smelling
Twisted Peppermint candle

Seeing
A messy kitchen table (mine) full of mail, Harveys coupons, and golf balls.

Hearing
The sports show that seems to be playing in the background at our house ALL THE TIME. Never stops.

Wearing
The oldest lulu pants on earth (2005!), Under Armour tee, hoodie

Feeling
Like I'm fighting off an illness that is bound to get me. So many people coughing and sneezing. Orange juice and vitamins are my friends.

Anticipating
I've got that post-vacation low where I just want to rewind time and lay on a beach. The next vacation needs to be decided on soon so I can have something to look forward to.


XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: