Sunday, November 05, 2017

My October 2017 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

What a strange and wonderful October we had in Halifax. Most days it still felt like summer.  I think we’re going to be in for a rude awakening when our quasi- summer flips into winter! This week will be the week to finally embrace fall and all it’s faux-fur, tall boots, and blanket-scarf-wearing glory.

Boots: Dr. Marten via Little Burgundy
Reg $200, on sale for $80
These boots might be my favorite purchase in a really long time. I’m sure it’s partly due to the 90’s nostalgia. I keep building the rest of my outfit around my Docs instead of picking something to wear and then choosing my shoes.






Cardigan : Zara (no longer available on-line but it's still in the Halifax store)
Reg $26
I was originally hunting for a red crew neck sweater but this will do. It’s surprisingly heavy weight for the price.



Leggings: Zara
Reg $36
Seriously, these are really good leggings. They have them in several different styles, but I was drawn to the moto details on this pair. (They are still not pants, cover your bum).



Jacket: Gap
Reg $80, on sale for $26
This was an impulse online purchase but I really liked it when it arrived. I love throwing a denim jacket on over a dress and this is a little different than your classic blue.



Sweater: Gap Factory
Reg $55, on sale for $12
Apparently I can’t own too many grey sweaters. This might be #5 in my closet....



Tee: Gap Factory
Reg $20, on sale for $6
My previous red tee needed replacing.



Sweater: H&M
Reg $25, on sale for $12
I had a Levi’s zip up sweater in high school that was sort of like this. I guess nostalgia is ruling my closet lately! Maybe I’ll wear it with my Docs and time travel back to 1995.



Original value of items: $442
Price I paid: $198
I saved 55%

I had $55 to add to my budget this quarter. So for November (Black Friday) and December (hello, Boxing Day), I have $357 left to spend. I have nothing in particular on my radar except for maybe a big oversized pullover sweater in a color I don't already own.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: