Monday, September 04, 2017

My August 2017 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

August is usually a busy shopping month for me. This year was no exception. It's a strange month... still summer but definitely seeing lots of fall things in store, especially at the end of August. This month, I was in Toronto at Yorkdale, where I actually didn't end up buying much (see my finds below from Uniqlo and Topshop).

Dress: Cece via Marshalls
Reg $138, Marshall's price $50
This was the dress I wore to my brother in law's wedding. I actually bought it in July, but didn't decide I was going to keep it for sure until August, so I included it in this month's spend. Things were really busy that day so I didn't get a chance to snap a good photo.



Shirt: Bootlegger
Reg $40, on sale for $9
This was an impulse buy because I had a party to go to and wanted something new. I've worn it to work with a cardigan over top too.



Dress: H&M
Reg $20, on sale for $12
Another purchase with a sunny south vacation in mind!



Tee: TNA at Aritzia (exact color no longer available)
Reg $30, on sale for $10
I liked the color of this top and figured I could wear i with a bunch of different bottoms. It runs crazy huge though. This is an XXS and it still seems big on me.



Tank: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $28, on sale for $11
I'm always a fan of stripes. Lately I've been enjoying the embroidery trend. This tank marries the two.



Pants: Uniqlo
Reg $30, on sale for $20
I bought a grey pair of these pants in Toronto in June and I wanted another color. I now have jeans, dress joggers, and these legging pants in pretty much the same color. Army green is the new black.



Boots: Topshop
Reg $150, on sale for $20
These were my steal of the month. One pair left on the sale rack in Topshop, and they were my size. Real leather too!



Top: Topshop
Reg $70, on sale for $15
Moody florals are big for fall and I love the colors and lace up detail on this top.



Shorts: Joe Fresh
Reg $30, on sale for $10
I needed some new darker denim shorts. I wore my light denim Levis a ton this season.



Tees: H&M
Reg $15 each, on sale 2/$20
Two great basic (but interesting) tops.



Tee: H&M
Reg $18, used coupon and got it for $12
I always have H&M Conscious coupons on hand. When you spend $30, you get $5 off. I bought the above tops and this one on the same day. I really love this light pink crushed velvet. Pink looks so nice with black or green for fall.



Pants: Banana Republic
Reg $124, on sale for $11
These were too good of a deal to pass up. Perfect for work.





Original cost of items: $708
Price I paid: $200
I saved 72% 

I'm left with $160 to spend in September to end the quarter. I don't really have anything in particular in mind that I need to buy. I'm sure the season change will make me want to snag some sweaters though...

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: