Sunday, June 18, 2017

My May 2017 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I know this post is really late, but I was away last weekend when I normally would have prepared and posted it. I tried to keep my spending under control for May as I know the sales are so great in June.

Cardigan: Gap
Regular $55, on sale for $27
I'm tired of buying cheap cardigans. I have several super-thin, pilled, and cheap looking things that I need to get rid of. They hold up for a few months and then they shrink and look awful. This cardigan is a heavier weight while still being suitable for a cooler summer day or evening.



Dress: H&M (no longer available on-line)
Reg $35, I got for $30 with $5 off coupon
I bought this specifically to wear to my best friend's wedding shower and bachelorette party. It was really comfortable all night long. I'll have to find another excuse to wear it this summer!



Sweater: H&M (no longer available on-line)
Reg $30 on sale for $10
This appealed to me right off the hanger and I was hoping it would fit. I love the lace sleeves.



Coat: Banana Republic (no longer available on-line)
Reg $220 on sale for $43
I admit - a winter coat is a strange buy for May. I'll be so pleased to have a new coat to wear this fall though! I couldn't leave it there for the price.



Skirt: Gap
Reg $55, on sale for $20
My existing denim skirt is cute but it's hovering on the point of being too short for work. This one is definitely work appropriate and is a flattering A-line cut.


Scarf: Forever 21 (no longer available on-line)
Reg $14, on sale for $5
I loved the orange in this scarf. it looks great with an all-black outfit.



Original value of items: $409
Price I paid: $135
I saved 67%.

That leaves me with $412 left to spend this quarter, which ends in June. Hint: Toronto was not too successful for shopping, so most of that budget is being spent in Halifax. I did nab a pair of sneakers I've been eying for ages. I'll let you know which ones next month!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: