Sunday, May 21, 2017

Giraffe Day

The day I was looking forward to the most in Palm Springs was our visit to The Living Desert. It's a beautiful zoo and garden located in La Quinta, about a half hour from Palm Springs. I've always loved going to zoos, even more now as an adult than I did as a kid. I was very impressed by The Living Desert in terms of how much space the animals had and how they were treated. The zoo also does a lot to help animal conservation and has a rehabilitation hospital on site. 


Details
Tee: Uniqlo
Shorts: Aritzia
Sneakers: Converse x Missoni
Bag: Michael Kors
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Sunnies: Coach
Bracelets Alex and Ani



For $5 you can feed the giraffes. You get four carrot sticks and lots of photo and video opportunities. I could have stood there all day and fed this guy!


My sticker says "I fed a giraffe"
The zoo volunteers were so knowledgeable and friendly.  They didn't mind answering all of our questions even though they must get asked the same thing so many times every day. The good thng is that they move around, so they're not always volunteering at the same exhibit.





XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: