Friday, March 04, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: February 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

Watch: Michael Kors via Winners
Reg $300, Winners price $170
I've been on the hunt for a gold watch for about two years. I finally found one that doesn't look humongous on my little wrist. Many links need to be taken out before I can wear it. I love the tortoise shell band!

Sorry about the shadows. I promise it's pretty!

Sweater: TNA from Aritzia
Reg: $125, on sale for $62.50. I paid $12.50 because I had a $50 gift card.
The warmest sweater ever! I bought this just before a cold snap and wanted to wear it 24/7. It's a great length (below the bum!) and I'm sure I'll be wearing it for years and years.



Reg $35, on sale for 17.50
Back I went to the Aritzia sale a few days after buying the above sweater. I couldn't get my mind off another TNA shirt. My color is no longer available - it's a muted red. I have the same one in grey as well. So comfy!

Wrong color. 


Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $80 on sale for $25
I wear my distressed Diesel boyfriend jeans so much. This pair is a legging fit and high rise, which is all sorts of awesome. I like how there's fabric under the rips so I don't freeze my legs off! I wouldn't have paid full price for these, but I'll get my wear out of them for the price.

Do you like my half made bed?


Sneakers: Joe Fresh
Reg $40, on sale for $7
I'd been eyeing these for months, waiting for them to go on sale for dirt cheap. They are incredibly lightweight, and I'll be bringing them on vacation for sure. I love working beside Joe Fresh!




Original value of items: $580
Price I paid: $232
I saved 60%

That leaves me with $199 to spend in March. I've got some on-line orders on the way which I may or may not keep. I'm obsessed with sale boots and shoes at the end of winter.  The CDN $ is not good right now! If I do any shopping in LA, it'll likely be at Uniqlo, Madewell, and Zara.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



No comments: