Friday, January 02, 2015

Favourites of 2014

I'm not one for making resolutions. I prefer to call them goals, or to be even more forgiving, predictions. A lot of my goals for this year involve becoming more organized. I predict a lot of lists!

In terms of style, 2014 brought me a giant closet. A closet where I can now see exactly how much clothing I have. It's a lot, and I don't love some of what's in there. I'm not the type of person to have a carefully curated closet, but I can work to let go of stuff that isn't getting worn. Admittedly a lot of the stuff I'm not wearing is stuff that was bought not because I loved it, but because it was on sale and moderately appealing.

I skimmed through my old posts to find a few of my favourite looks from 2014.











Picking favourites like this isn't easy, but it helps me to zone in on what I should be buying. I obviously gravitate towards certain shades for my basic looks. When I'm going somewhere special the colors come out, but day-to-day I feel most myself in black, grey, white, and other neutrals.

I need to remember that while that fuchsia sweater looks pretty on the shelf, I'm not going to grab for it as much as the black one... so buy the black one.

Do you have any style goals for the new year?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: