Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Monthly Purchases: October 2013

Welcome to my once a month breakdown of the clothing items I bought, while trying to keep my budget in mind. My disclaimer for the month is that I had a trip to Toronto thrown in... my budget does not apply the once or twice a year I go on a "shopping trip".

I tried really hard to not buy much until Toronto, but then there was a sale at Smart Set and a few pieces I had my eye on were on mega-sale.

Bracelet: Le Chateau
Discounted from $15.00 to $5.95
I like skulls.


Skull Icon Bracelet























Skirt: Smart Set
Discounted from $35.00 to $12.00
I bought this in black with a grey panel. Great length for work!

Colour-block pencil skirt

Discounted from $35.00 to $9.00Pants: Smart Set (no longer available on website)
R calls these my police pants. I guess he has a point.


















Top: Smart Set
Discounted from $39.00 to $6.00
I love this basic top that I can wear to work or on the weekend. It was basically free :)

Colour-block t-shaped top

Shoes: Gap (no longer available on website)
Discounted from $39.95 to $12.00
I went through a big camo phase circa 2005 and have been waiting for it to come back. These loafers are cute and add just a touch of the print to a casual outfit.



T-Shirt: Zara
Regular Price: $19.90
I can't get enough of graphic print tees lately. This one made up for the fact that I missed Fashion Week in Toronto (okay, not really....)

T-SHIRT WITH GRAPHIC PRINT
Boots: Aldo
Regular price $100.00
I was so picky about black boots this year. I tried on a ton in Toronto and then ended up picking these basics from Aldo here in Halifax.
HOMSHER


Other items with no photos (sorry, you'll see them in blog posts later!)
Forever 21 jewelery : $21.00 (regular price)
Forever 21 pink tank top: Discounted from $3.80 to $1.80
J Crew Navy v-neck sweater: Discounted from $54.00 to $32.00
Cole Haan black belted puffer coat from Holt Renfrew H2: Discounted from $395.00 to $198.00
Target blue studded flats: Discounted from $18.00 to $10.00
H&M: Blue sleeveless blouse: Discounted from $17.95 to $5.00
H&M: Navy blue trousers with zipper details at the waist: $29.95 (regular price)
H&M: Army green faux leather leggings: $9.95 (regular price)
H&M: Patterned ankle length trousers: Discounted from $29.95 to $7.50
Old Navy: Bow earrings: Discounted from $7.00 to $4.90

Total purchases for the month: $484.05
Total value of items: $870.45

I checked some big items off my list this month, including a winter coat that is warm but still fashionable for wearing to work, black ankle boots, and a basic navy sweater.

I'm going to make every effort to keep my spending to a minimum for November and December.

Did you score any big deals this month?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl




1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great posts that you do; from a financial standpoint it is really great to lay it all out and compare the value, spending and the things you needed. I have been buying a ton of work clothes at Smart Set lately; they really stepped up this year. My deal this month was black Sam Edelman ankle boots down from 190 to 49!
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.ca