Saturday, April 07, 2012

Black, White, and Red Hot

As a book fanatic, when asked the question of what famous person I'd like to meet the most, you'd think I'd answer Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, or the like.

Nope.

My answer?

See, he's an author. I'm redeemed.
My love for Red Hot Chili Peppers started in Florida, age 13, on vacation. Back then, music caught on much faster in the USA than here in Canada. Under the Bridge was #1, and I hadn't heard it until then.

When I came home, I bought the album Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik (from Columbia House, of course) and re-did my bedroom in red, white, and black to match the album cover.


I saw them on their Stadium Arcadium tour in Quebec City in 2006, and it was so amazing. Hands down the best concert I've ever been to.

In thirty days, I get to see them again! R and I are heading to Boston to see them at the TD Gardens on their I'm With You tour.

In anticipation of this glorious event, I thought I'd put together an outfit to match my bedroom circa 1992.




Details:
Leather jacket: Danier (Halifax)
Scarf: Costa Blanca (Dartmouth)
Shirt: Anthropologie (Toronto)
Pants: Smart Set (Halifax)
Boots: Le Chateau (Halifax)
Sunglasses: D&G (Sunglass Hut, Dartmouth)
Necklace: Tiffany & Co. (gift)

Close-up of the leather jacket's texture.
Good thing it's still a month from the concert.... it'll take me that long to figure out what to wear.


XOXO
Glitterary Girl


4 comments:

Clara Turbay said...

Better and Better ideas and style.

TaraMixandMatch said...

Really love your jacket...its stunning!

Mix and Match Fashion

Annie said...

Love me some RHCP! And this outfit is so cute...black & red is always an awesome combo :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Jen said...

Thanks so much for your comments :)