Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate Orange Anxiety

When you send an agent a letter telling them about your book in hopes that they want to read it, it's called a query letter.


Terrifying.


I've spent a few years on this 300 + page novel, and now its success (or dismal failure) depends on one itty bitty page. If I write any more than a page, it'll likely get used for scrap paper.


The process of researching agents is actually fun. I visit their webpages and see which authors they represent. Many of these agents are based in NYC. I heart the Big Apple.  Too bad you can't do unsolicited agency visits, because that would have been a sweet justification for a big city adventure.


I've been reading all sorts of books on how to get published, how to find an agent, and so on. One stat said that in a survey of published authors, the average time from writing a first book to getting something published was eleven years.


That's encouraging, eh?


I need some chocolate.

OMG

R and I stopped by Susie's Shortbreads the other night for some treats. We bought four little things but someone ate the cookies and cream truffle before I could get a photo of it....


From left to right: Death by Chocolate truffle, Haystack, Toblerone cheesecake baby.


Everything was amazing. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the haystack which contained an intoxicating medley of chocolate, pretzels, and nuts.


Check out their website at:
http://www.susiesshortbreads.com/


I'd like lots of demands for more reviews from this place so I'll be obligated to go there more often.

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about Michelle William's Oscar dress and said I wanted some more orange in my wardrobe? Looky what I found on the Town Shoes website.

Steve Madden wedges

I'm trying to curb my spending in preparation for an upcoming shopping trip.... um.... I mean....totally boyfriend-friendly city excursion to Boston. You go to Fenway Park honey... I'll just be at Urban Outfitters all afternoon.

Oh and can anyone think of a more awkward situation than Ben and Courtney on "After the Final Rose"?

Ben: "I'm so distraught over your attitude that I haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks."



XOXO
Glitterary Girl






No comments: