Monday, February 25, 2013

What's in my Wallet?

Recently my trusty Nine West wallet of five years kicked the bucket. I was sad to see it go because it served me well, but I was also excited to buy a new one. Your wallet is something that you see a lot, so you should be in love with it.

At first, I was stuck on getting a large wallet. As you can see, my previous one was big.

Nine West via Century 21, NYC


So many card slots

I told myself I wasn't buying Coach. Then a 25% off Coach coupon appeared in my e-mail like a sign from the wallet fairies.

Browsing on-line, I was saddened to see that all of the large styles had similarly large price tags. I knew the craftsmanship of a wallet is intricate and all, but I couldn't reason paying almost as much for a wallet as I'd pay for a full sized bag.

After speaking with the associate at the store (who was kind enough to pull out her own wallet and show me how she downsized), I decided on a smaller and more reasonably priced piece.

Can you tell I like red wallets?
The color is called papaya and it is a Medium Madison style. It also comes in black, cognac, kiwi, purple patent, black sateen, and grey sateen.


I'm not showing my drivers license!
So how did I downsize? I took out my coupons and rarely-used cards and put them in a cosmetics bag in my purse (another way to use the tons of Glymm bags I have).  This wallet has a coin zip pocket on the back and my gift cards are tucked into the hidden slots behind the main card slots.

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and I'm glad I went with the medium size - it's easier to fit inside my smaller bags than my previous one.

How often do you replace your wallet?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl








4 comments:

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Love this! I've been thinking about doing a post like this as well. I just got a cute wallet from target on clearance ... the one before was target as well ... I use them until they start falling apart or start looking pretty worn.

Happy Monday!
Shia
World According to Shia

Erian said...

that is such a cute wallet and i love the colour papaya!

my wallets rotate every other year but now i´m inspired to get a new one in a papaya colour, too :)

Unknown said...

In the past 5 year I changed wallet only one time, I do love keep the same for a while! Love the second wallet you posted
Kiss

New outfit post on Tati loves pearls

Tati loves pearls facebook page


Maybe follow each other's via facebook?

Unknown said...

I had my old wallet which was Coach for 5 years and it fell apart finally last summer. Then I just used a crummy one until Christmas upon which time I received another Coach wallet haha and I will admit it is fairly large. I really like yours though, and the color. Bigger wallets and purses totally invite clutter so good for you!
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.com