Friday, February 08, 2013

Layer Love

It's Friday! Once again, I'm linking up with longdistanceloving. This week it's a layer party - it may be my favorite link-up !


Details
Leather jacket: Danier (Halifax)
Vest: Zara Kids (San Francisco)
Shirt: Gap (Halifax)
Pants: Aeropostale (Halifax)
Boots: Steve Madden (Toronto)
Scarf: American Apparel (Halifax)
Bracelets: Forever 21 (San Francisco)
Necklace: American Eagle Outfitters (Halifax)



Layers can be hard to pull off. You can't just pile things on top of each other or you risk looking like a child playing dress up or a street person. I tend to focus either on layers on the upper half (like my outfit here) or the lower half - but not both at once. Also, shopping days aren't the best time to add tons of layers as it takes too long in the dressing room to get your clothes off and on.


Playing with different textures is important when layering. On top, I'm wearing leather, faux fur, and cotton. Not long ago I tried wearing a wool knit sweater with a wool scarf. I took off the wool scarf as soon as I looked in the mirror and switched it to a cotton one.


I saw this silver and pink mani in a magazine and tried to copy it. I kind of like it! I think it'll work with lots of other color combos - maybe gold with chocolate brown or light metallic blue with cobalt.

Have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

6 comments:

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

That fur vest is amazing!

Tiara
http://icecreamandfrenchfries.blogspot.com/

Blue Dog Belle said...

Loving the vest and that jacket!!!

siddathornton said...

i love the outfit you've featured in this post - the pants are a really cool color, too!

Jennifer said...

Cute vest!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Julie said...

some of your best blog photos to date, Jen!

keschen said...

Thats a great outfit.. Love the jacket :)

Visit my blog and please follow if you like..
http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

xoxo