Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Deal on Dots

I've become quite the collector of colored and printed jeans over the past few seasons. I'm still nervous to spend a ton of money on them, just in case the trend doesn't stick (I did the same thing with skinny jeans circa 2006...).

I was thrilled to add a pair of polka dot jeans to my collection - an absolute steal for $7.


Details
Jeans: Old Navy (Dartmouth)
Shirt: Gap (Halifax)
Boots: Call it Spring (Halifax)
Necklace: Etsy
Bracelets: Forever 21 (San Francisco)




Are you finding great end of season deals?



This week's writing prompt was a fun one It was really hard to decide on the most important years (1993 and 2011 were honorable mentions).

Think of three important years in your life - not including the year you were born. Why are these three separate years so important? What happened and where were you?


1999 – I was twenty years old and single for the first time in six years. I learned what it was like to really be on my own, and focused on my female friends (both old and new). I was in my third year at university and enjoyed campus life, going out dancing, and still managed to get good grades.

2003 – This was the year I graduated from physio school and moved back to my hometown (I never imagined I’d return there). I bought my first car (a little red Celica) and started my career. I also moved back in with my parents (another thing I never imagined doing) and spent a lot of time re-connecting with my mom while watching The Osbournes and The Simple Life on the couch.

2005 – My best friend and I left Canada behind for a year-long adventure in Fiji, New Zealand, and Australia. We saw even more of the countries than I ever imagined we would, and we met some incredible people along the way… some who remain close friends to this day even though we are far apart. I wasn’t homesick the entire time because I kept telling myself how lucky I was to get the opportunity to experience this and I had the rest of my life to be at home. The experience also solidified our friendship – they say that traveling together triples how well you get to know someone, and I can vouch for that! 

I can’t wait for another big life changing year to come up sometime soon – looks like I’m due for one!


XOXO
Glitterary Girl


5 comments:

Kate said...

really cute look, love the all blue outfit, great post:)
xx Kate

The Style Department

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

I got these same ones on clearance!! Love them!!

Shia

Melissa said...

Love the polka dot jeans! I think 2013 will most definitely be a life changing year for you!

Melissa
miss-melissa.com

Jenee C. said...

Wow those jeans were only $7!! What a bargin. I loved reading about the three important years in your life. And you took a year long vacation around the world? Now that's just stuff dreams are made of.

xx Jenee C.
{camo meets couture}

Vett Vandiver said...

printed jeans are fun -- you found good ones! so glad I found your blog <3