Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Lobster Day

Nova Scotia is known for its lobster. I don't like thinking of how they are prepared, or breaking into them, but if the work is done for me, I love to eat them! R's aunt generously treats us to lobster every Boxing Day. I try to wear something comfortable but polished, and push-up sleeves are a must!



Details
Cardigan: Gap Factory Store
Shirt: Joe Fresh
Jeans: Guess by Marciano
Boots: Steve Madden
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Bracelet: Forever 21
Nails: Essie Skirting the Issue


Some of my other Nova Scotia favorites are maple syrup (almost the season for it) and blueberries (way out of season). Halifax is also known for its donairs, which apparently are VERY hard to find outside of Atlantic Canada.

Do you have any local food loves from your area?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look super cute and you are making me miss Halifax so much! Donairs remind me of going out downtown and then stumbling into Donair King afterwards; and by stumbling I mean we knew EXACTLY how to get there. Even made a cab wait one time I think and took it to go. Ahh those days! Miss lobster too, and I think that cracking into it is half the fun!
In the Okanagan we have so much fresh fruit in the summer, awesome wine, and the West Coast has great crab, oysters, and sockeye salmon!
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.ca