Friday, October 05, 2012

Shades of Grey

Instead of Fifty Shades of Grey (which I haven't read, by the way), I'll show you four or five.

Longdistanceloving asked us to create a monochromatic inspired outfit. Braving the rain and wind, I recruited my loyal friend Joey and we went behind the train station (sounds sketchy, eh?).


 Details:
Top: Lucky Brand (Toronto)
Skirt: Gap (Halifax)
Boots: Call it Spring (Halifax)
Socks: old and unknown
Bracelet: random shop in St John's
Scarf: Le Chateau (Halifax)
Hat: Element (the late Margolians, Truro)




Before heading out for the blustery photo session, we enjoyed some yummy food and hot drinks at Jimolly's, a fantastic cafe owned by a few of my childhood friends. Check it out on Inglis Street in Truro, Nova Scotia. I had a London Fog and it tasted like hot vanilla ice cream.... soooo good. They serve baked goods from Brookfield Bakery as well. Try the whoopie pies - they were always my choice when raiding the bakery after hours as a kid (it didn't happen often- wink, wink).




XOXO
Glitterary Girl



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! You made this color look lovely! :)

siddathornton said...

i loooooove that skirt! cute outfit :)

Unknown said...

The cord skirt is so cute! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't read 50 Shades of Grey haha.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

cute scarf! have a great weekend! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams stop by! i'm hosting a sunglasses giveaway

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Love the boots! This is totally something I would wear on a rainy day too! Hope you stop by to check out my Stella & Dot giveaway! Happy Weekend, love!

-Lindsay

Blue Dog Belle said...

You look great love!!!

xo, Emily
bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

Nicole Rene said...

Cute outfit! I love gray especially for fall! :)

xoxo, Nicole Rene
Simply Savannah

Unknown said...

What a great way to wear gray. I love the texture and pattern mixing. And that hat is awesome!

Clare
Understated Classics

The Serena Saga said...

Your boots are too cute. Loving the gray! I found your blog on Friday's Fancies link up, and I am loving your blog. I am now your newest follower!

xx
http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Whoppie Pies were me fave during the late night raves as well! Looking adorable Jenn! xo

Mouna said...

That outfit is adorable on you! Love the skirt :-)

Molly McIsaac said...

I just love grey. The majority of my warddrobe is grey and black. You look amazing!

http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What an adorable Fall look! Love all the shades of grey. And what a cool background for your pictures.
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Julye said...

Such a nice outfit !!!