Friday, August 16, 2013

Short Girl, Long Dress

You don't have to be tall to pull off a maxi dress... just ask Nicole Richie. 

I'm linking with longdistanceloving today for a look that can be worn around town running errands (notice the flats and generous-sized bag).


Details
Dress and belt: H&M
Cardigan: Forever 21
Shoes: Madden Girl
Bag: Coach
Bracelet: Suzy Shier
Necklace: Joe Fresh

Photos by Amanda Brownhill Photography
This dress is so comfortable and cool for a hot summer day. It's a nice alternative to a short dress, and I'll still be able to wear it into the fall with different footwear and a denim jacket. I feel like I'm in a mad scramble to get one last wear out of my summer clothes. I know that in just a few short weeks, fall will be in the air. 

Are you starting to think of transitioning your wardrobe to autumn yet?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

6 comments:

adson stone said...

Hey I my friends I tell you something can you give me answer. Dream fashion finds can be altered by a local alterations company. If your trousers skim the floor or your shirt sleeves are too long, don't panic. Trousers need to fit well on the hips, but can easily be taken up a few inches in the leg. Make sure a jacket or shirt fits on the shoulders and back, sleeves can be made shorter. If the dress with the dodgy fastening or broken zip is the last one available and it really is a bargain, zips and buttons can easily be replaced by someone in-the-know. A gaping blouse or shirt can easily be rectified with a discreet press stud.
women and fashion

birdie to be said...

Lovely! Great dress.

Cmichellestyles said...

Believe it or not the long dress will make you look taller lol! You look great!

*Besos*
http://www.cmichellestyles.com
Instagram: Cmichellestyles

t said...

Nice outfit!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

We still have a while before it cools down here, but I plan on transitioning my maxis into fall by rockin' them with my denim jacket and boots!

Stephanie Koch said...

Love this dress on you! I have stayed clear of the maxi and I am not ever super short so good for you for rocking one! It will also look super cute with a leather jacket and a hat in the fall!

Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.ca