Friday, August 30, 2013

Cheers to the Freaking Weekend

Labour Day doesn't feel the same as an adult. I remember when all Labour Day meant to me was that school was starting, and it wasn't something I looked forward to. I didn't totally hate school, but I was much happier spending my days playing in the sun or watching Degrassi and Oprah on rainy days. 

With longdistanceloving hosting a link-up for a Labour Day look, I wanted to create an outfit that would work for a warm day. September in Nova Scotia usually has comfortable sunny days and cooler nights. 

I love this top, but it's one of my more challenging shirts to style. It's a cropped style and I have a crazy long torso, so I have to choose higher-waisted bottoms.



Details
Shirt: American Apparel
Shorts: Joe Fresh
Sandals: Madden Girl
Sunnies: Coach
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Belt: Old Navy


R and I are going to New Brunswick for a mini-getaway. I hope it's warm enough for the beach! 

What are your Labour Day weekend plans?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl





3 comments:

birdie to be said...

Love your outfit. That shirt is so pretty!

ashlyn williams said...

cute outfit. its looks great on you.

enjoy the long weekend! xo

Rebecca and Lori said...

I love that shirt paired with those shorts! Great combination. And Degrassi... I forgot all about that show!
Lori