Monday, June 10, 2013

The Body Shop's Vitamin E Cool BB Cream and Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer

For years, I avoided The Body Shop, as it conjured up vivid memories of junior high where there was a constant White Musk scented fog throughout the building. To be really really original, in grade nine, I started to blend mine with Satsuma.

Recently, I once again boarded The Body Shop train, and found out that their products absolutely have a place in my bathroom cupboard without being too reminiscent of 1994.

I joined the Love Your Body rewards program and have been stocking up on goodies ever since. I'll share with you two of my recent purchases with short reviews and I'll blog more on some other products another time. Instead of being like a normal person and buying form one of their lines, I went a bit bonkers and decided to mix and match from a bunch of lines.

Vitamin E Cool BB Cream

*All images from The Body Shop

I really enjoy BB creams. I'm usually too lazy to wear foundation that requires any sort of skill in applying, and BB creams give me just the amount of coverage I need. My skin tone is fairly even and usually clear (watch me break out because I said that). This stuff is really easy to blend and you literally only need a pea-sized amount to do the entire face. This would be my dream product IF it had a built in SPF.

Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30


The smell of this SPF is so incredibly fresh!  I love putting it on in the morning because it's orange-scented and really wakes me up. I always wear SPF 30 on my face, even in the dead of winter so I often try out new brands.

The one thing I'm noticing with this stuff that I don't like is that if I put it on under my BB cream, it can make the BB cream ball up on my face a bit. Perhaps the products aren't meant to be worn together (they are form two different lines). Or maybe I'm using too much BB cream. Anyways, I really like each product on its own, so maybe I'll just have to wear this when I'm not in need of any BB cream - days when I go bare-faced or days when I wear real foundation.

Do you have any must-haves from The Body Shop to share with me?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl















No comments: