Wednesday, June 05, 2013

How to Style Lace

Yellow is often a color I shy away from. Being fair-skinned, I usually find most yellow tones wash me out. With a bit of a (fake) tan, yellow becomes much more friendly! Plus, I found the top for $5 so if it didn't work not, not much harm done.


Details
Lace shirt: H&M
Button-up shirt: American Eagle Outfitters
Necklace: Forever 21
Jeans: Joe's Jeans
Shoes: Miz Mooz


Lace can be tricky. It seems to be everywhere this season, but I find it's easy to cross the line between being feminine versus cheap-looking when trying to style lace. I prefer to keep covered up when donning lace to avoid looking like I forgot to change out of my nightie.

It also helps to pair lace with more masculine pieces such as this army inspired shirt or chambray.

How do you like to style lace for summer?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl







1 comment:

Lauren said...

I adore lace. You styled it lovely here :) I've been loving lace in dresses and skirts lately..but I'd really love a lace top! xo