Friday, June 14, 2013

Jamaican Wedding

I saved these photos so I could link up with longdistanceloving for a summer wedding post. Although I love picking out a dress to wear to a wedding, it can be stressful, so I was stoked to not have to decide on this one - being a bridesmaid takes all the what-to-wear decisions away!

I was incredibly honored when Janet asked me to stand with her. We've known each other for thirteen years, and the first time we met was a few days before we started physiotherapy school together. Janet was dropping some of her belongings off at residence, and I had a summer job there working at the front desk. We were excited to learn we were in the same small program, and I remember Janet's parents commenting on how we "could take care of each other." Over the years Janet and I have taken care of each other in so many ways. She's the one who persuaded me to take a year off work and travel Australia, which was probably the best decision I've ever made. During that year, when we lived and worked together, Janet became like a sister to me, and the experiences we had that year will stay with me forever. Just a few weeks ago, in addition to becoming a wife, she also became a doctor! I'm so proud of her in so many ways, and couldn't have been happier to be with her on her wedding day.

Janet and I - 2005

Jamaica was a dream location for a wedding. The weather was perfect - warm but not sticky, thanks to a gorgeous breeze.

Shane (the groom) looked so stylish the night of the rehearsal party! Janet did too, but I didn't get a decent photo. Shane's attire was from Le Chateau. I love that white vest!




I had my hair done at the salon on the resort, and I was really happy with how it turned out. When I took it down at the end of the night I counted 75 bobby pins.




Janet's dress was by Palomo Blanca, and she looked stunning! She wore a birdcage in her hair instead of a traditional veil, and the pearls she was wearing were her grandmother's - she had them restrung.


 We got our bridemaids' dresses from Australia (on eBay!)

The coral dresses contrasted nicely with the ocean for the photos.


 It was a fabulous and stress-free day! Congrats to the newlyweds, and thanks for having me as a part of your special day.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



1 comment:

ashlyn williams said...

beautiful wedding darling .. you look gorgeous! thanks for sharing these photos. & adore you blog!

xo