Friday, March 29, 2013

Pastel in Print

When choosing an outfit for my link-up with longdistanceloving, I had to choose carefully. When done in moderation, pastels are pretty. When done in excess, one could resemble a misshapen Easter egg.


Paired with neutral colors, sky high heels, and gold hardware, floral mint jeans make a statement without the overall effect being too juvenile.

Photo by Amanda Brownhill Photography
Details
Shirt: American Eagle Outfitters (Kittery)
Jeans: Joe Fresh (Halifax)
Shoes: Aldo (on-line buy)
Bracelets: Forever 21 (San Francisco) and Le Chateau (Halifax)
Necklace: Forever 21 (San Francisco)




I couldn't resist playing around with a different pastel shade on Polyvore. Bring on the baby pink!

Print and Pink




What pastel shade is your favorite to wear? I find purple to be the most universally flattering.

Happy Easter!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

the name of your blog caught my eye - LOVE and I think you can never go wrong with your military style jacket and those great shoes!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Love that jacket! And that you paired it with black. I'm definitely doing the same since it's still so chilly here!

Always Maylee said...

I love pastels of almost any color, but favorite is probably pink or blue. Love those printed pants!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Unknown said...

I flipping love these shoes; so hot with the military coat. Normally I would agree with you about pastels, but did you see the gag-inducing pastel ensemble I created this weekend on IG haha? I really went overboard #sorrynotsorry
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.ca