Sunday, February 05, 2017

My Monthly Purchases: January 2017

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

This month was a bit complicated to be honest in my world of style. I returned a LOT of stuff, which meant I had to make many decisions. Our closet looked like a tornado swept through for most of the month. The only thing I have left to return is a pair of pants from Zara.  I should also mention I spent $50 or so at VS/Pink on bras and sports bras which doesn't get counted in my budget. For those of you who shop like crazy during the VS sale, did you notice there was no price drops throughout the sale? The price at the start off the sale was the lowest it went. I brought back my receipt expecting to get some money back with a price adjustment but nada! To be fair, the prices were amazing so I wasn't upset by it.

Flats: Zara
Reg $70, on sale for $26
Zara really killed it lately with the sale shoes. Both pair I bought I'd been eyeing for months. These also came in black, but I have several pair of black flats so I decided to go with the burgundy. They are real leather and so comfy.



Sneakers: Zara
Reg $70, on sale for $20
These remind me so much of the Rihanna Fenty x Puma sneakers that I lusted over last fall. They're a little heavy due to the thick sole but I know I'll wear them tons.




Top: Zara
Reg 30, on sale for $20
This is such a nice top. It goes with nearly everything and makes a casual outfit look a tiny bit dressy.



Sweater: Zara
Reg $36, on sale for $20
 My measure of success with this top is that I can wear it to work without the sleeves driving me crazy when I'm trying to write and type.



Sweater: Gap
Reg $55, on sale for $25
Soft and cozy sweaters are my favourite. I could wear this one every day. I had it in grey too but returned it as I already have a few grey sweaters and not many right now in blue. It's actually from the men's section in Gap- XS fits oversized but not sloppy on me.



Scarf: Zara
Reg $26, on sale for $6
Polka dots! This scarf was too cute not to keep.



Hoodie: Ardene
Reg $26.50
I was walking by Ardene the other day on the way to DAVIDsTEA and out of the corner of my eye I saw the Purpose Tour logo. Of course I had to pick up this hoodie. It kills me that I spent $50 US on a long sleeve tee at the JB concert when now you can get very similar stuff for such decent prices.



I was $128 under for 2016, so I have an extra cushion this quarter. My downfall may be the Aritzia sale because I just cannot resist their sales. My hope is that I can stay away from Zara on-line for the next two months as I'm gearing up for outlet shopping in Palm Springs. I'm pretty conflicted about contributing to the U.S. economy at the moment though.

Original value of items $314
Price I paid $144
I saved 54%

That leaves me with $484 to spend for February and March. 

Did you score any great deals during the January sales?

XOXO 
Glitterary Girl

No comments: